Another day and another victim-by-accusation in the cultural witch-hunt that is defined as progress. In this age of #MeToo, comedian and ABC darling Tom Ballard has been accused of some wrongdoing from an aspiring male comedian.
Now, we may all laugh aloud and wish him his karmic come-uppance as he goes through the weird process of going from accuser to accused.
From throwing wood on the fire and denouncing the latest guilt by accusation male sex criminal, Tom must now play the role of recalcitrant hypocrite.
He assures us, like some accused heretic, that he still believes in the principles of the #MeToo movement. I am sure he is more passionate in his hatred of toxic masculinity and the West than ever.
The problem is this: he is a high priestess from a mad cult that is eating its own.
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
In Tom’s case, he is part of a rabid mob that has come after Christianity, the West, the Family unit itself and is making a blitzkrieg through our culture and traditions, perversely seeking out virtue and denouncing it as vice, and enshrining weakness and vice as virtue.
Tom himself is already repenting, reaching for the victim card, and like a well-connected Stalinist, his peers at the ABC are letting him play it – for now. Will it hold up if other self-identified victims come out his closet to accuse him of more crimes? Probably not. Then he can burn upon a whim from his progressive movement.
Tom’s accuser lays down his claim to victimhood in terms such as:
- “#Me Too didn’t come for three and a half years and in that time my mental health just got worse and worse.
- “Mr Roberts said his mental health suffered in the following years after the alleged incident, and he ignored the signs he needed help.
- Mr Roberts said he’s battled suicidal thoughts and substance abuse issues since the incident, which allegedly occurred in Ballard’s hotel room in June 2014.
- Mr Roberts said he met Ballard at an Adelaide comedy show in 2014.
- The former Triple J radio presenter was hosting an open mic night and Mr Roberts was one of the stand-up performers.
- The pair got talking at the bar after the show and Mr Roberts said Ballard invited him back to his hotel room to “hang out” and learn from the experienced comedian.
- “I thought he would give me some tips and share some advice (about comedy),” he said.
- Mr Roberts alleges that once inside the hotel room Ballard kissed him and grabbed his genitalia.
- He said he was too “scared” to say no.
Tom Ballard, meanwhile, has defended himself and presented his own claim to victimhood. In an online statement reported by the ABC:
- He said he completely denied the allegation “in the strongest terms possible”.
- “I had absolutely no idea he believed it wasn’t consensual until six months ago,” Ballard said.
- “His version of that experience as described on social media is simply not what happened.
- “This false claim has been spread via social media, text messages and gossip. It has been deeply distressing for me, my friends and my family. It has affected my work and my mental health.
- “I have not done anything wrong. Any suggestion otherwise is false, deeply distressing and unhelpful.
- “The ABC said in a statement that it was aware of a claim made on social media against Ballard.
- “Tom has denied this claim in the strongest terms possible,” the statement said.
- “The ABC takes any allegation of harassment very seriously and does not condone or tolerate any inappropriate behaviour.
- “All ABC employees are made aware of and must abide by our discrimination, bullying and harassment policy at all times.
- “We have no further comment to make at this stage”.
Its worthwhile noting that Tom and his group are in the process of making the act of sex a potential assault accusation and charge. If not now, then potentially years in the future. Tom claims that he did not know the sexual act was allegedly non-consensual until his accuser decided the conditions were right to make an accusation. The conditions were right when #MeToo allegations became a progressive meme. The conditions for Tom’s public allegations are those that Tom and his progressives have created.
It is for this reason I urge reasonable people, who may want to see this man burn at the stake in his upcoming witch trial, to defer from this regressive instinct.
We are better than that, and want a world that does not abide by the rules of Tom and his ilk. Instead, try to shed some light on the darkness by illuminating the barbaric insanity of Tom and the progressives. This has parallels with the darkest moments of the communist/ Stalinist mock trials.
Perhaps Tom can act as a cautionary tale as the beast he has created consumes him.